Distinguished Talent (Subclass 124) visa

Offshore Distinguished Talent Class AL Subclass 124 visa
Applying for a permanent offshore Distinguished Talent visa to live in Australia

Australia Distinguished Talent (Subclass 124) Visa Is For A Person Who Has An Internationally Recognised Talent

To be eligible for an offshore Distinguished Talent (Subclass 124) Class AL visa, you must be aged between 18 and 55. And you are internationally recognised (still prominent) for a profession, sport, the arts or academia and research, and you would still be an asset to the Australian community. If granted the visa, you must not have difficulty finding employment or establishing yourself. You must also be nominated by an eligible person or organisation associated with your distinguished talent.

Having a distinguished talent does not mean you have to be unique among your peers, but you should have a demonstrable record of achievements that are out of the ordinary. Similarly, you are not required to be unprecedented, or rare. You must be unusual, or special or uncommon. It is important that you must have an internationally (not just nationally) recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in your field. You must still be prominent in that field at the time of lodging an application for an offshore Australia Distinguished Talent (Subclass 124) visa. You are considered the best in your field. If granted the visa, you would be an asset to the Australian community and would not have difficulty finding employment in your field or becoming established independently in Australia.

How to prove having distinguished talent

Proving you have a distinguished talent

If you are exceptionally good in a job, for example, in research, your work must not only bring benefits to your home country but also internationally. A single achievement even though it is a significant achievement may not be enough. You are expected to have a record of sustained achievements that are not likely to diminish in the future.

Your achievements must be internationally recognised and are in a field practised in other countries, including Australia. You must continue to be active at a high level and has not stopped to be the best in the last 2 years.

If granted the offshore Australia Distinguished Talent (Subclass 124) visa, your settlement in Australia must benefit the whole Australian community economically or socially or culturally. Granting you the visa must not only benefit you and/or your nominator or prospective employer. Similarly, having an income from employment in an unrelated field is not enough.

Distinguished Talent Subclass 124 visa applicant must be nominated

Must be nominated

To be able to apply for the Australia Distinguished Talent (Subclass 124) visa you must be nominated by an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible NZ citizen, or an organisation having national reputation relevant to the area of your achievements. Click here to learn more.

You may also be eligible to apply for Global Talent Independent visa (click here to learn more).

Adding family members in Distinguished Talent (Subclass 124) visa

Including family members

You must not be in Australia at the time of visa application and at the time of decision (click here to learn more about onshore Distinguished Talent Class BX Subclass 858 visa).

Australia Distinguished Talent (Subclass 124) visa is a permanent visa and is valid for 5 years from the date of grant (click here to learn more about RRV 155 visa).

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a free 15 minutes consultation to help you decide if you are eligible for a Distinguished Talent (Class AL) (Subclass 124) visa (click here to find out how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you). You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts