Subclass 189 (NZ SCV444) Visa For NZ Citizens

Chinese immigration lawyer
NZ citizens holding SCV 444 visa can apply to live in Australia permanently

Subclass 189 (NZ SCV444) is for NZ citizens on SCV 444 visa to live permanently in Australia

Subclass 189 (NZ SCV444) is a skilled independent (Permanent) Class SI Subclass 189 visa granted to New Zealand citizens who meet the visa grant criteria.

Subclass 444 is a temporary Special Category Visa granted to New Zealand (NZ) citizens to live and work in Australia (click here to learn more about SCV 444 visa). Like, all temporary residents, NZ citizens who wish to live in Australia permanently have to apply for a permanent visa. Subclass 189 (NZ SCV444) is 1 of these permanent visas.

Before applying, you must have been usually resident (start on or before 19 Feb 2016) in Australia for a continuous period of at least 5 years immediately before your application (if you are a fly-in/fly-out workers, you may still be a usually resident). Usually resident refers to your physical presence. There is no residence requirement for secondary applicants.

Visa criteria for Subclass 189 (NZ SCV444) visa

Visa criteria

You must first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) to receive an invitation to apply for the Subclass 186 (NZ SCV444) visa. If you are invited, you must apply for the visa within the period specified in your invitation, usually it is 60 days). When applying for the visa, you will be required to demonstrate you have met all the requirements.

Your occupation must be in the Australia labour shortage list (click here to find your occupation). And you must have a positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation. Usually skills assessments are valid for between 2 and 3 years and must be valid at the time of your invitation to apply for the Subclass 189 (SCV444) visa. If your skills assessment was made on the basis of a qualification obtained in Australia, the qualification must have been obtained as a result of studying for a registered course.

You must score at least 65 points in a points test (click here to calculate your points). Your points must not be less than the score that is stated in your invitation to apply for Subclass 189 (SCV444). If you have made a mistake in your points, the Department of Immigration (Department of Home Affairs) may accept correction if your amended score is high enough for your occupation to still result in an invitation.

You must be less than 45 at the time you received the invitation to apply for the Subclass 189 (SCV444) visa.

At the time of invitation, you must have competent English proficiency, that is, at least 6 in each of the 4 components in the IELTS test, unless exempted. The English test must have been not more than 3 years from the date of invitation. Any over 18 secondary applicants who do not have functional English, that is, at least 4.5 in the IELTS test, will have to pay a second visa application fee or charge (2VAC).

Visa checklist and including family members for Subclass 189 (NZ SCV444) Visa For NZ Citizens

Including family members

Members of your family unit can be included in a combined application, or be added to an unfinalised application, for example, a newborn child or a new partner (spouse or de facto partner).

Once the Subclass 189 (NZ SCV444) visa is granted, you will not be able to add family members.

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a free 15 minutes consultation to help you decide if you are eligible to apply Skilled Independent (Permanent) Class SI subclass 189 visa in the NZ citizen stream (click here to find out how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you). You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts