Subclass 190 Victoria nomination is for those wanting the Victorian government to nominate them for the Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa.
Subclass 190 Victoria nomination provides permanent residency to professionals wanting to live and work in Victoria (click here to learn more about applying for Subclass 190 visa).
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Victorian government will nominate professionals with certain skills and who are already living and working in Victoria for permanent residency to assist in Victoria’s economic recovery in 2020-2021.
Temporary change to Subclass 190 Victoria nomination in 2020-2021
The Victorian government has made changes to its 2020-2021 Skilled Visa Nomination program in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To apply for the Subclass 190 Victoria nomination you must also register your interest on the Victorian government’s website in addition to lodging an EOI on SkillSelect.
Eligibility for Subclass 190 nomination
You will need to meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- you must be below 45
- you must have Competent English (for e.g. at least 6 in each of the 4 bands in IELTS test) unless you are a citizen of the USA or UK or Canada or Republic of Ireland or NZ.
- during the 2020-2021 COVID-19, you must have lived and worked in Victoria for at least the past 6 months in a highly skilled occupation in health or medical research
- your occupation must be in the shortage list (for e.g. LIN 19/051 – current at November 2020)
- you must have a positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation
- you must undertake to live and work in Victoria for at least 2 years
- you must score at least 65 points (click here to calculate your points)
If your Subclass 190 Victoria nomination is successful, you will receive an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs to apply for the visa within 60 days.
Section 48 bar
If your previous visa was cancelled or your visa application was refused, you are affected by section 48 bar (click here to learn more). And you will not be able to apply for Subclass 190 visa in Australia.
If you are interested in other state or territory subclass 190 nomination, please click on the following links:
If you are currently living and working in Victoria, you may be eligible for Subclass 190 Victoria STEMM nomination, click here to learn more.
Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you with your Subclass 190 Victoria nomination or click here to find other visas.
041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa
This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.