Subclass 491 NSW nomination, if you are nominated you can live and work in regional NSW for up to 5 years. This is a provisional visa and there is a PR pathway after 3 years (click here to learn more about Subclass 191 visa).
Subclass 491 NSW nomination requirements
- You must currently be living in regional NSW, you cannot move to regional NSW to satisfy this requirement. There is no minimum time-frame to have been living in regional NSW. Offshore applicants are not eligible.
- Your occupation must be on the NSW Regional Skilled Occupation List but you do not have to be employed or have previous employment experience
- You must have positive skills assessment at the time of applying for Subclass 491 NSW nomination
- You must have competent English, for e.g. at least 6 in each of the 4 bands in IELTS test at the time of applying for Subclass 491 NSW nomination
- You must score at least 65 points, if you are nominated you will receive an additional 15 points (click here to calculate your score)
Subclass 491 NSW nomination – where is regional NSW?
Regional NSW is determined by postcodes and they are:
- 2250 to 2258
- 2260 to 2263
- 2311 to 2490
- 2536 to 2551
- 2575 to 2739
- 2753 to 2754
- 2756 to 2758
- 2773 to 2898
The NSW government has not been allocated the full number of nomination for the 2020-2021 financial year. Interim nomination places have been filled by current applications from the 2019-2020 financial year from those whose occupations are in health, ICT and engineering.
NSW government is not currently accepting new applications (as at November 2020).
If you are interested in other States and Territories, click here:
- Queensland, including Small Business Operator scheme
- Tasmania, including Small Business Operator scheme
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
If you are granted a Subclass 491 visa, visa condition 8579 will be imposed and you must live, work or study in a specified or designated area (click here to learn more).
Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you decide if Subclass 491 NSW nomination is right for you or click here to find other visas.
041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa
This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.