Subclass 491 Victoria nomination | How to apply
Subclass 491 Victoria nomination is the second stage of applying for a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491 visa. Subclass 491 visa is a points-tested visa allowing you and your family to live, study and work in a designated regional Victoria area for up to 5 years. There is PR pathway after 3 years (click here to learn more about Subclass 191 visa).
Subclass 491 Victoria nomination is the second stage of the visa application process.
Subclass 491 Victoria nomination process
- You must be under 45
- You must have Competent English (e.g. at least 6 in each of the 4 bands in IELTS test) or you are a citizen of USA or UK or Canada or Republic of Ireland or NZ
- You must have a positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation
- You must have lived and worked in regional Victoria for at least 6 months
- Lodge an EOI or Expression of Interest
- If your Subclass 491 Victoria nomination is successful, you will receive an invitation to apply for the visa and you will be given an extra 15 points toward your 65 points requirement (click here to calculate your points).
You should note that during the COVID-19 pandemic the Victorian government will only nominate those who are working in health or medical research and are contributing to Victoria’s economic recovery and/or health response.
In addition, you must:
- be living in Victoria
- already working in Victoria for at least 6 months
Meeting Subclass 491 Victoria nomination guarantee a visa?
You should note that even if you are able to satisfy all the requirements, there is no guarantee you will be nominated. If you are not nominated, you will not receive an email.
If your last visa application was refused or your visa was cancelled, you may be affected by section 48 bar (click here to learn more), you cannot apply for the visa while you are in Australia. The Victorian government will not extend your nomination beyond 60 days.
If you are interested in other States nominating you for a Subclass 491 visa, click here for Queensland or click here for Tasmania or click here for SA or click here for WA or click here for NT or click here for ACT or click here for NSW.
If you are granted a Subclass 491 visa, visa condition 8579 will be imposed and you must live, work or study in a specified or designated area (click here to learn more).
Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you understand Subclass 491 Victoria nomination or click here to find a suitable visa for you and your family.
041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa
This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.